Old 01-01-2012, 03:16 AM
annesthreads

I've been quilting for 7 or 8 years, and for the first 5 or 6 bought lots of fabric and notions. Gradually the penny has dropped - I only need a very basic set of equipment, and I can't afford to have lots of expensive fabric just sitting in a drawer. So now I take a lot of convincing to buy any new notions, and buy fabric as and when I need it. It means my projects can take a while, as I won't usually buy border or backing fabric until I've finished the main part of the top and can see what it looks like and what it needs, and ditto quilting threads, so things tend to come to a halt until I can get to the quilt shop, but there's always something else to pick up in the meantime.
My New Year resolution is to continue to work on the UFOs, with an occasional new project as a reward - and to give my quilting more priority in my life. I love doing it, it brings me peace and fulfillment - so why is it the first thing to go when things get busy?
Oh yes - and eating well, exercising..blah, blah...as ever! No, I actually joined the gym a few weeks ago, and enjoy going, and the high it gives me. It's also making me more aware of what I eat, because I'm finding that I'm more aware of my body, and want to build it up and nourish it rather than undo all my hard work by eating rubbish food.