Old 01-01-2012, 04:41 AM
Edie

Cool Yes, Virginia, there is a Snow Fairy/Fairies!!!!!!!

Miss Bess, my avatar, quilt tester, walking buddy and old dog let out with a whoop and a holler around 2:30 this morning! I got up, listened for the wind on the house; no that wasn't it! Looked out the front door and I saw them. I saw four snow fairies. Not in glistening gowns and wings - au contraire - they were in a white pickup truck. Now, that proves it right away - a white truck - and they were shaped like young men, blue jeans, jackets, hats and shovels, not wands like you would normally see.

I quietly opened the front door and peeked out and sure enough - from our home up to the corner it was all shoveled and I saw them, honest I did, I saw them shoveling the sidewalk on the corner house directly across the street. I watched them shovel down three houses leaving the sidewalk, steps going up to the homes and the carriage walk clean as a whistle. Then they flung their shovels over their shoulders, went back to their truck, laid the shovels in the bed of the truck, climbed in the truck and drove away.

The Snow Fairies must have been in their late teens/early 20's, strong of build and very quiet. Now, I don't know if they were working off a few too many New Year toasts before they went home or if this was something that was deliberately planned. "How many sidewalks can we shovel in one night." Maybe they didn't even have a New Year toast, maybe this was probably the greatest way a young person can start off the New Year.

Why don't we hear more about these young people! God Bless them and Happy New Year! Edie