View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Lady-T
Banned

We had a rottweiler with very dry skin and flaking.....

We even had to research for a quality food that contained the proper amount of Linoleic Acid and Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA). The best pet food is Natural Choice by Nutro.

The quality/nutrional values of the food is so good she only needed 1.5 cups a day - and she was a 100+ lb. dog!

She has since passed away but she lived to be almost 14 years old - which is AMAZING for a rotty!

I have a sister that has a rotty & she can't find the dog food in her area so she uses Coconut Oil - works great for her! Her dog hair went from normal/coarse to almost "puppy soft" again!

Originally Posted by jbud2 View Post
We have a golden retriever who is 9 years old, in the house mostly, eats dry dog food and he has dandruff. Big flakey dandruff. He has had dandruff ever since we brought him home as a pup. I had asked the vet about it and he said it seems to bother me more than the dog so we shouldn't worry so much about it. Another vet in the practice recommended some kind of oil put in his food, every day a tablespoon at a time. I forget what kind it is!! The last bottle went bad and was thrown out. A tablespoon at a time lasts a l o n g time. Any suggestions from the Board?