View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 05:00 AM
romanojg

I have been taking Civil War BOM for a couple of years at one LQS. I love the class and the teacher. The class is 30 each month which includes the fabric and the pattern. It also includes a lecture about the Civil War and I could listen to this teacher talk for hours. Unfortunetly this will be the last one. The LQS has decided to quit doing them even though they are always sold out (any class this teacher does) each time they are offered. They say they are going to reach out to a younger group of quilters. Don't they know that most of the younger ones either aren't interested or are so busy with their kids and families to be able to set time aside to quilt. All is not lost. A bunch of us who appreciates the many tallents of Sue (teacher) and go to her house to learn applique are continuing learning by going to her house. The LQS is even stopping the sale of reproduction fabric. That part is fine with me; I buy most of mine at many stores that I have found over the past few years that have a great selection. Anyhow, for a pattern, fabric, lecture and the company of some great ladies I think that $30 is more than worth it. Plus my teacher will make herself available one day a week if you need extra help with anything; Civil War or not. I do have to admit there are some that are really expensive.