View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 06:07 AM
QuilterChick

I bought two quilt feet for my Pfaff 2144. One has the metal "thingey" on the right side to fit at the edge of the fabric, the other one has it in the center of the foot. Can't decide which one works better, they both drive me crazy. I just finished cutting out about 70 squares from a nice Bali Pop jelly roll. Using the instructions from Missouri Quilts for that nifty square that you cut into quarters. None of the squares measured the same because the jelly roll strips are not even. Especially in length which was the least of my problems. Each square was supposed to be 8.5" before cutting into quarters. Because of the itsy bitsy variance in the seams, I spent yesterday afternoon squaring every one of them up to 8", or I would not have been able to get 1/4" seams putting them together. So now my squares in the quilt will come down to 7.5" each, cut in quarters.

Bottom line: I want to slap Hoffman upside their heads for inconsistent strips, and Pfaff for the difference in the quilt feet. And me, for being so picky.