Thread: paperdoll quilt
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 10:26 AM
suzette1954

Smile paperdoll quilt

I finally finished the paperdoll quilt for my beautiful granddaughter. I was so stressed out because I finished 4 stockings for my great nieces and nephew first. I do not think I would let this happen next time. I put the last stitch in at 11.10pm on Dec 23. I used Lauraspeer's quilt as a reference. I love it so much that I have ordered the "children visiting around the world" paperdolls for myself. I think that is what it is called. LOL.

She loved it. I handpieced the top and for the 1st time, I tried machine quilting. It is far from perfect but I know now how hard you work to machine quilt! I simply didn't have time to do it by hand.

The clothes are the ones I posted about a few mths ago about cutting them out before ironing the fusable fleece. I used parchment paper to iron them to the fleece and it worked great. The clothes all together are quite bulky so I had to come up with a way to store them. Laura had a pocket on her quilt,but I couldn't get all of the clothes in my pocket so I made an expandable one. That was an experience for sure. I dug out old gift bags and reusable store bags and first made a template out of wax paper. When it finally looked ok, I then used the wax paper as a pattern.

This is the first time I have tried to post a picture so hopefully it will work.