View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 12:57 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
Deemail, you have some great ideas and I will definitely try some of them. I hesitate to cut the leftovers until I am completely done with that color in the quilt in case I make a mistake and need more. I like the idea of migrating colors for inspiration.

Karen, I had already organized about 1/2 of what you can see...LOL
i agree, but i cut everything at once...so i am done when i get to that step...and of course, you could always make a 'todo' shelf for those pieces that are 'in work' right now and then when the top's done, you know where everything is that needs attention without letting your main stash get mixed up. I also don't worry about not having enough of any one fabric as i rarely use one fabric all the way thru a top... I would have pulled 3 or 4 'yellows' in the first place, and i consider them interchangeable... and of course if there is 1/4 yard, it's going back in the stash anyway...i don't cut up large pieces, just the little ones.... my stash is 32 ft long, 5 shelves high...the bottom row (in bins) is all dressmaking fabric, but the rest is all quilting.... there's always another piece of fabric you can use... check out the DWR here to see what i mean...red is red and yellow is yellow and which one is not important to me...they're just like different pots of paint...
Double Wedding Ring from Cheryl Phillips' Book

Last edited by deemail; 01-01-2012 at 12:59 PM.