View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 05:17 PM
spartan quilter

Default Christmas quilt #5

This is the fifth quilt that I did, and I had posted it earlier, when I had finished it. But just have to include it here. This is a graduation quilt for a granddaughter. She could not pick out a base color, and told me to surprise her. Well, she was surprised. This is actually a 10 minute block, that I adjusted the size on, so it takes on the appearance of a cathedral window. This was the first time that I had used batiks and I love working with them. The first pic is of the quilt and the second is the pillowcase that I made to go with the quilt. The third is of her with her quilt, and the last is the fleece backing that I put on it and the label that I got from a member of this board, which says Grandchildren are like quilts, a great source of comfort. They get their graduation quilts at Christmas, so they can use them during their senior year.
Attached Thumbnails 2011-12-31-christmas-lake-kirsten-her-cathedral-window-quilt.jpg   2011-12-29-kirstens-fleece-backing.jpg   2011-12-29-kirstens-10-minute-block-faux-cathedral-window.jpg   2011-12-29-kirstens-pillowcase.jpg  

Last edited by spartan quilter; 01-01-2012 at 05:21 PM.