Old 01-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Fabric Galore

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
My DJ software arrived and I have been playing. I am thinking of making the blocks 5" finished. This brings the quilt to 90.5 X 90.5 inches rather than the 84" by 84" size when the 4.5" block is used. Is anyone else increasing their quilt size? If so, how are you accomplishing that?

Also, I love that Chocolate DJ in the gallery of DJ's on this Quilt Board. I've heard comments that Kona solids are a bit of a thicker fabric that the regular quilting fabric. Does anyone have an a suggestion for a good solid fabric I could use for the chocolate areas? I don't have experience with buying solid fabrics.

Thanks all! I am looking forward to being with you in the coming year!
I am making my blocks 5.5 " so my quilt will be 100" square. I am using the software from the electric quilt company and it prints my pattern to whatever size I enter under the print options. I have a king-size bed with a pillow top mattress. I am making a Lemon Jane quilt. I purchased Kona cotton in lemon yellow from Joann.com when they had a special on free shipping. I know that yellow tends to fade over the years but it is one of my favorite colors.