View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Christine27

Default Janome 7700 Horizon vs. 6600P

Last January I bought a Janome 6600P and absolutely LOVE it! I get so happy when I sew with it that I want to come here and write about how much I love working with that machine. Well, today my LQS had a big sale and I went home with a reasonably priced Janome 7700 & table. I know I will love it, but I don't want to part with the 6600 either. Plus, the 6600 has an almost industrial feel and ruggedness about it that makes me want to sing it's praises whenever it effortlessly sews through a ridiculous number of layers of fabric. Will the 7700 be up to the all around challenges that I'll require of it, like sewing through multiple layers of microsuede and nylon webbing straps when I make tote bags? I guess I have a little buyer's remorse, since the 6600 hasn't disappointed me ever. I do my sewing in my brother & sister-in-law's basement (I'm there almost everyday), so unless she wants to buy my used 6600, I could always take one of them to my house and be able to sew wherever I go. I know, I'm completely ridiculous for buying a machine I don't need to replace a machine I absolutely adore.

So, Janome Horizon 7700 owners, tell me, what will I discover and fall in love with when I get more familiar with this machine?

Thanks, all, for letting me vent my indecisiveness!