Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 AM
doowopddbop
Banned

Smile 2012, New Beginnings or "Will Quilt for Cleaning!"

It's time to organize. To simplify. To prioritize.

My sewing studio sometimes resembles being struck by some natural disaster (hurricane, tornado...). Especially this past year during/after quilting frenzies with deadlines; no time to pick up! One could hardly find a path to walk through.

That, plus the fact that I have Quilter's A.D.D. (adding another project before the previous one is finished, haha!) amounts to a happy, comfortable mess of a sewing room. I can't help it, I want to make everything!

Recently, in exchange for machine-quilting, my friend Carol offered to help organize (disaster clean-up) my studio. She worked for four days, sorting, cleaning and organizing my projects, gadgets, supplies, fabrics and workspaces. She bagged and boxed, threw away teeny scraps I'd been hanging on to (just don't look!), even cleaned out that TOP DRAWER, you know the one! She stowed all my UFOs into bags in the window seat. She separated the mending pile, organized a few current projects into a stacking bin, and sorted fabric scraps into their little plastic shoeboxes in their respective colors. Voila! A clear path to the sewing machine!
Attached Thumbnails jars.jpg   tins2.jpg   thread2.jpg   img_0373.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-02-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: removed personal website info