Old 01-02-2012, 07:06 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Yes! I hope Muv does a WHOLE lot more videos on attachments!!!

My mother's FW sewing machine has a straight foot and one of the really old buttonholer attachments which she never figured out so I never did either... I had not seen the buttonholer's manual in her stuff so I printed one out for her for Christmas. I have to admit, I've never learned to use attachments for much. It is amazing what can be done without attachments though. Attachments just make it easier and the more I learn to use them the more I like them. When my mom worked for J C Penny in the alterations department she did ALL the fittings for the Indy 500 princesses - someone else did the sewing. At home, she could alter things, make things, upholster things you name it she sewed it with her little FW - incredible things got sewn on there. I guess it goes to prove you don't need a fancy machine to do amazing things. She doesn't sew much any more. She is 85 and her hands don't do what she tells them any more. She tries some times and gets frustrated. For Christmas my sister and I overhauled the FW for her. She has a newer Singer but it is too frustrating for her. I also printed out a new copy of the FW owner's manual - she only had bits of the original. And it printed in large print so she loved it.