Old 01-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations

I have a queen quilter 18 which is the exect same thing as a tin lizzie without the 'lizzie stitch'. I LOVE mine!!! A few things I was looking for was a stitch regulator, at least 15" or longer, would come with a frame and be able to do a quilt 110" quilt, and like most find the biggest bang for your buck. We do not have dealers within 250 miles of where I live so I went online to find the best deal and for my test drives around here I have seen a nolting, gammill, and a viking. I knew right away after seeing the Gammill this was way out of my budget as she had every bell and whistle available. It also had a computer which did all of the quilting while she watched her grandkids. My personal opinion I do not care for a computer as yeah you pick the designs but you are not quilting it and to me the stitching looks too perfect and I prefer the character added my doing the quilting with your hands rather by machine or the best of hand quilting. I found my machine on the website www.sewingmachinesplus.com for less than $5000. It included the machine, stitch regulator, wooden frame, laser light, a few packs of needles, a few bobbins, grace cloth leaders, the table on te back side of the frame, extra parts such another set of encoders and wires for the stitch regulator and plenty of other bolts, nuts, etc. For the frame I did have to go and purchase my own metal conduit pipes but was way cheaper then having them shipped. Again we live in a rural area and the selection for these pipes was limited and we ended up having to grind down each one as the metal was bumpy. If I was willing to wait six weeks I could have purchased them at a home depot with no problem but I wanted to get busy right away. If you have any questions about any of this please feel free to ask.