View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 09:09 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
It is shipping and HANDLING, NOT JUST SHIPPING. Someone has to pick your order, pack it and get it ready for shipping, generate the paperwork, etc. That person earns a paycheck and, hopefully, some benefits. It is a business. Besides employees there is a physical location that has rent, taxes, utilities, etc. It is not like you selling some unused fabric, that you can pop in a shipper, drop off at the post office and forget about. Businesses have overhead.
What you say is very true, but all that should be conidered part of the price of the fabric. And the shipping prices are not set by the store, but by the shipping businesses. That shipping cost is a constant. I have no issues with any of that. My problem is just visiting the site and being tempted to purchase every time I see a piece of fabric or jelly roll at a good price. I am very weak-willed when it comes to fabric, as most of us are. I am trying to get my "fabric frenzy" under control this year, and shopping a daily deal doesn't help. So, as much as I want to check them out, I won't.