Old 01-02-2012, 09:43 AM
kerrym38

I have a Tin Lizzie 18LS on a wood frame (can't remember the name of the frame). I purchased it from a local dealer last March. I love Lizzie! I can stitch in manual mode or stitch regulated mode (Lizzie Stitch). I am learning to quilt free motion, but if I want I can do pantographs also. I have my frame set up to do up to a queen sized quilt. It can be set up to do a king size, but I don't have room. I never do a king sized quilt anyway so it wasn't an issue for me. Everytime I use Lizzie I fall in love with her all over again. There is a learning curve when you start to use a long arm, whether it be a Tin Lizzie or one of the other brands. You just practice, practice, practice. You will soon find that most of the time the problems you have are operator error - not the machine. And you also find that your fear goes away the more you use your long arm. At the beginning you almost feel like if you do something wrong it might blow up. It won't. : )

Good luck on your decision. For me I wanted a local dealer, which is one of the reasons I went with Lizzie. Plus, the price was more affordable for me than some of the other brands.

For my purposes Lizzie is wonderful. I don't quilt for other people - just for myself. Although a friend has talked me into quilting a couple of her quilts for her. : )