View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:07 PM
ghostrider

Originally Posted by Holba View Post
"you just can't copy the patterns for yourself and then transfer the magazine to someone else; that's not legal."

Can you help me understand this? Sorry to be dense. If I gave credit to the person whose pattern it is and where it came from and when, why could I not give the magazine away to someone else?

But truly it would have been better to Xerox but with a color machine I see. I need to see colors. Thanks...
It is a violation of the copyright laws. You cannot reproduce a copyrighted work (the printed pattern) without the express permission of the copyright holder (could be either the magazine or the pattern designer) and then distribute (give away, sell, loan, trade, etc) one of them. The copyright holder has the exclusive right to copy and distribute their work. In simple terms...you cannot make two patterns out of one so that two people have it at the same time. It is not legal. And you're not being dense...it can be hard to understand. There are a lot of discussions on copyright here; do a search to find more info.