View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 01:19 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I ALWAYS ALWAYS WASH FINISHED QUILTS!!! before anyone receives them-
i have 2 friends- a mother in law- and the daughter in law-
a few years ago mil made dil a quilt for christmas---it was beautiful and very much loved! dil called mil asking about washing it- one of the kids had spilled something on it- dil followed mil's instructions---took it out of the dryer to find a number of seams had come loose-and there was even a horrible hole! dil was devistated! and so afraid mil would be mad- she cried and cried- and hid the *damaged quilt*--for months i was 'caught in the middle of this mess---with one crying over it constantly- and the other (b****ing) constantly about how ungrateful dil was- quilt was not even being used-
i was sworn to secrecy---(son was deployed-and caught in middle long distance)
finally when we were all together---and mil made a very harsh statement i could take it no longer-went in got the quilt and tossed it on her lap!
she was so embarrassed- by her bad behavior---and also by her neglect -not making sure everything was secure--and washing it first---had she washed it first the problems would have been seen right away-and fixed before it was gifted---and dil would have been spared all the tears---as if hubby being gone wasn't enough!
i never give a quilt that has not be washed-and checked out totally= i do not want to cause anyone such stress.if something is going to happen to it in the wash- i want to know about it first-