Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Muv

Hello Everyone!

So glad you enjoyed the video. It was the same rigmarole as when I did the seam guide video - using a hand machine while standing up behind the camera tripod and with each arm coming round from either side of the camera.

I'm not sure which attachment to do a video about next. I did the underbraider because no one else seemed to have posted a video showing underbraiding on Youtube yet.

Judy, I have some very narrow rickrack and it feeds through a treat, and also I have some that is a tiny bit wider and it is too wide. So if it fits, try it! The advantage with rickrack is that it has a bias weave, so you can go round curves, whereas with straight weave ribbon you need to keep going in a straight line.

Today we branched out and did a video on how to make marmalade. I don't know if you can get Seville oranges in the States - I understand you call them temple oranges. We can only get them here for a month or so - they are imported from southern Spain, are as bitter as lemons, and have a very short season. Let me know if you would be interested in more videos about making jam and marmalade... I'd love it if I knew I could inspire you to try new things in the kitchen. English cooking isn't that bad, despite what the French say!