View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 PM
gotta-sew

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
my fabrics are part of the palette i use to create with...so i buy any color/texture/print that i like that is on sale. you never have to buy full price when you have a stash.. when i pull fabrics to work with for any project, it is because that's the mood i'm in... pet peeve? 'Lines' of fabric....i don't want people deciding for me what to put with what... FAbric stores: just put your fabrics in color order and let me choose what i like, i hate to have to go all over the store to see ALL the yellows... just put the yellows together...let me choose one or 10...
You should pat yourself on the back. I work at a quilting store and on so many levels it would be nice if we could just keep the fabrics in colors. But....8 out of 10 customers don't have your eye. Soooo....we keep them in their groups as much as possible. They tell us it is way to hard to find fabrics that go together and they get overwhelmed. As a rule, we keep all the Modas together as some people just want Moda fabric and they get angry if they have to look for it. After a period of time and as the group dwindles, it is then put into colors.

So, again I repeat...pat yourself on the back. I have been at my job for many many years, You are the exception not the rule.