Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by Bamagal View Post
I'm making a sampler quilt for my DIL. From the beginning it has been a disaster. I only had a few fat quarters, so I had planned to do a lap quilt. She came in one day and said she really wanted it for the bed. Sooooo, I found some matching tonals, and a couple of matching florals and went for 12 blocks. She's OK with the colors. The blocks are finished, but 4 are wrong. Nothing wrong with the way they are sewn, but they don't look right on the design board. I've moved them around til I'm turning blue!! LOL I can get her to come put them in the order she wants, or I can make pillows with the three I hate (one of the four she loves) and make three new blocks that will fit.

I plan to sash with the dark red, make a smaller border with the small flowered print and a wider border in the blue if I can find it. If not, a wider dark red.

What would you do?

If you can, please rotate this pic to the right, on my design board the heart is in the top left. I'm not good at posting pics. LOL
Are these blocks all the same size? They do look off - I would make sure your blocks are all the same size otherwise it is just not going to turn out, eh? Been there, done that - ended up making new blocks. I apologize if I am wrong, but that is how it looks on the picture. You can put the blocks wherever you please because the sashing will individualize each block and it really doesn't matter. I generally put the most important block in the center because then all the other ones can "frame" it! I love making Samplers and find that it isn't what matches with the block, it is the importance of the center block to the others - sort of like telling a story. I think it is going to be beautiful when it is done! Edie