View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:09 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
s
Miriam, your pic of the bobbin case base is great. It makes the screw on the left that removes the "gib" look a normal size. There is a piece of thread stuck in that area on my FW and the screw is soooooo tiny! I have several different screwdrivers that fit the slot (from my glasses kits) but I can't get that screw to budge!! I'm so frustrated...the only thing affected is the groves in my hands from the screwdriver. I have spraye
d it with Liquid Wrench, tried to turn it, sprayed it again and tried again many times. Don't want to strip the screw. Any suggestions? I don't have a "strong male" in my household to use his strength.
I would go walking in to a place that sells quality tools with that machine hanging on my arm. I don't think they will think you stole it... Ask them to sell you a screw driver that will fit that slot - It has to be a very thin and narrow blade - I have a long one that would do it. It is one of my prized possessions - I freak out when I can't find it - and I do misplace it all the time. I need it attached to my wrist or something. Pad the machine, then turn that thing on it's end in your lap and press down as you turn - the tool guy might even help you. (wink) Go easy on liquid wrench - it eats paint you know. Don't lose the screw - it's not very big.