Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Phannie1

Originally Posted by Gail B
Koodoos to you for finishing all those projects. I especially like the cookie bowl. Is that your own pattern? Would you share?
The pattern started with the Mexican Star Cookie basket but I have modified it because I could not get the star to look good.

Basically it is a 12" 9 patch. With darts in the middle square/side squares of 3 1/2".
Start with 9 - 4 1/2" squares and 1 - 13 1/2 square (Lining) and the batting cut to fit the 9-patch.
I fussy cut the 4 corners to show a theme or you could just cut normally.
I over cut the lining to use as binding by 1". (if my square is 12 1/2" then I cut the lining 13 1/2")
I do a quick quilting pattern from just following the seams to quilting around the fussy cut corners.
Press over and sew the lining around the edges.
Put in the darts on the sides, then had sew them to the insides, so they lay out of the way.

I have not done any tutorials but I hope this is enough to get you through. It takes me about an hour to complete one. Makes great Hostess Gifts. Looks like you spent hours working and it is really quick and easy. if you look at my Photobucket, I have a whole album of Cookie Baskets.