Old 01-03-2012, 08:00 AM
bamamama

Default Puzzle Hearts Quilt from Feb2011 Quilters World

Has anyone made the Puzzle Hearts Quilt from Feb 2011 issue of Quilters World? I spent Sunday making the small hearts section and Monday making the Pinwheel blocks which are suppose to fit together....but they don't.

The instructions say to cut the background fabric for the small hearts to 1 3/4" strips then cut 5" rectangles from that, however the template is 2" so I cut 2" instead. That one I caught. Then the the next part is to make the pinwheel blocks and attach the small hearts strip to 2 pinwheel blocks that are sewn together and they are suppose to be the same size but here is a 1" difference.

All my seams are exact 1/4". I went to the designers website and she has a page for errors and corrections for patterns but this one is not listed.

Very Frustrating!!!!!!

All I can do is sew a strip to each side and recut to 6" instead of 5".

I am just wondering if there are other mistakes before I spend more time on this quilt top.

It is listed as an Advanced quilt so I have been very careful to sew everything exact and press everything in the correct direction. There are alot of very small parts.
Has anyone else attempted to make this quilt?