Old 02-16-2007, 09:37 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Originally Posted by Becky
I don't have one, have toyed with the idea to get one. But I want more info. When you get all the quirks worked out please let me know what you think of it. Do you have to buy alot of softwear to use it? What comes with it? Should I even consider going in that direction if theres alot of time involved, as far as setting it up, and getting creative?

PS LOVE THOSE PUPPIES
So far, I love mine. I suggest you get online and look at and compare this machine and similar ones. I think it is the best deal for the money. Wal-Mart.com has them. You can go to www.brother.com and see the machine and all its features. Just go there and search on SE 270 D
oh, what am I saying? Just get it! You'll love it! You don't have to buy any software to use it. It comes with built in stitches and designs. you can buy cards for it for different embroidery designs, or you can get the PED and download what you want onto the card. Embroidery designs that come built in are Disney (Mickey)...that is what it is...brother SE 270 D(Disney). I hope you find this site helpful. It tells all about the machine, what it can do, what it comes with...etc.
http://www.walmart.com/appliance-housewares/sewing-machines/brother-computerized-sewing-embroidery-machine#Features+%26+Specifications

HTH!!
my puppies will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. they are pom/chihuahua/terrier mix! they are so sweet! the mommy is my little dog. she will be 7 yrs old next month. she is black! this makes the second time she has had 3 diff. puppies, 3 diff colors. one didn't make it this time. we lost the little black one that looked just like mommy.

AND...the only things you will need to buy are some stableizer for the back of your fabric to do the embroidery on and some machine embroidery thread in colors to match the designs you want to do.