View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Pam B

Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
I feel your pain. I'm a teacher - just coming off two weeks vacation. We were back to it YESTERDAY - with the kids. Don't believe I've missed seeing the Rose Parade before. Today is a bit easier than yesterday so hang in there.

I keep forgetting that I need to stand on my feet at least 6 hours a day during vacation times so it won't be as difficult to come back. And .. I know, I know ... my kids do have "real jobs" that don't have the down time I do so I understand how wonderful it is. (I've been teaching 34 years and my 29 year old daughter makes more than I do. Those down times come with a price.)
Jan, What do you teach? I teach KDG and yesterday (Mon) was my first day back as well. The kids were very lethargic most of the morning. Finally, after lunch I started to see some life in them! Today, I had several who were very grouchy...one little guy had crying tantrums when he didn't get to play with the toys he wanted at indoor recess. (He is generally a very well-adjusted child.) Both days have been a struggle. This is my 33rd year of teaching and I understand about kids making more than we teachers do. Our youngest will graduate from college this spring...she has accepted a job offer from the firm she interned with last summer. Her salary will be as much as I make and her benefit package is much better! But..that is what we send our kids to college for, isn't it? Our oldest child, our son, is 29 and is a farmer. And our middle daughter is in graduate school (speech pathology).