View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 12:05 AM
BETTY62

I think the price of a FW is determined by the part of the country that you live in and where you purchase the machine. If you are lucky enough to find one at a garage or estate sale or one being sold by an individual, you will pay less for it than what you will pay at a sewing machine center or an antique store. I bought a 1953 FW at an estate sale this past June for $250.00. The machine is in excellent condition with only a couple of small scratches. It came with all attachments, the original instruction book, the original carrying case and the key to lock the case. My quilting buddy bought a 1952 FW at a sewing machine center and paid $450.00. The condition of her machine is equal to mine, has the same attachment, the book and the carrying case. I would check the on-line sites, the local newspaper and Craig's list to find what the average price is in today's market. I have also noticed a couple of FWs for sale here on the board at a fair price. You really should check here in the For Sale section and post an add in In Search of Section. I hope you find your FW really soon.