Thread: Kindle Cover
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:40 AM
DMotyl

Default Kindle Cover

Happy New Year. I am finally able to sew again as I have regained my sewing room. hahaha Yesterday, I made a cover for my DH's Christmas present. I was not able to make it before Christmas as we had a houseful of guests for over 2 wks. I used the Reader Wrap pattern by Atkinson Design. Because it was mentioned on this board that handles would be helpful, I added 2 handles. He already had an LED light that clipped on so I made the pocket big enough to store his license, a credit card and a bit of cash. He is a school bus driver and had time to read waiting to start the next run. His bag is not a great place to keep the Kindle w/o a wrap. This was padded with a heavy Peltex. We do travel some so he wanted it to be able to have everything he needed to get on the plane. It has a pocket that is big enough for passports, but could also be used for a note pad as well. I was also able to embroider his name on the front.

Thanks for looking.
I had expected to send a pic but with this new format, I can't seem to send them...will try later.