Thread: chicken pot pie
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:41 AM
lfw045

I use 2 Pillsbury Pie crusts from the refrigerated section of the store. I set them out while I cut up leftover roasted chicken and set aside. I save the stock from the roasted chicken and use that to make chicken gravy with baby bella mushrooms. My dad can't have any added salt so I have to cook pretty much everything from scratch. That being said, I roll out one piece of crust in the bottom of a corningware casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam. I poke it a few times with a fork. I then put a bit of gravy on top of that and start building the pie. Gravy, drained Veg-All vegetables with no added salt, chicken, gravy, vegatbles, chicken and then pour the rest of the gravy on top of it all and "shake" it down through the rest of the ingredients. I then roll the top crust on and tuck it in all the way around. I place it on a cookie sheet to protect the oven in case it spills over during cooking. I place it in a 400 degree oven and cook for 45 minutes.........YUMMMMMMMMMM. Add herbs and spices as you normally would to the gravy when you make it....at least that is what I do and I use, garlic and herbs without salt, sage, thyme and black pepper. Hope you like it! That's my rendention anyway...lol!