Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Ellen 1

Originally Posted by CAJAMK View Post
I know this sounds weird. But I bought a small used midarm setup with a Little Gracie II frame 3 months ago and I am scared to death to use it! At first I could not wait to buy one. Then I helped my son set up the frame. And I have barely taken the time to learn all that is involved. I have made a few quilts but I just use my DSM for free motion.
Honestly, the truth is I am scared!
Has anyone else been like this? I feel so guilty for spending the $$ now it is just sitting there. I really need some encouragement or advice.
Pin on a piece of muslin or any fabric that you don't care what happens to it. Then just "sew/quilt" with the machine, to get comfortable. Smoothness, etc. will come with practice. Do you know anyone else that has any type of midarm or longarm? Ask them if they could "come over to play". Someone that has some experience will help give you the confidence to go-it-alone. Don't feel guilty about the $$ spent. You will get going on it and be glad you have it or perhaps you will want to upgrade some day. Enjoy it now.....let your DSM piece the tops. Ellen