Old 01-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Nancy in Louisiana

Why oh why do I keep getting dropped from reply notifications? I have so much catch-up to do.

Robyn -- I only wish I had the words to tell you how much my heart aches for you and your family. This past month I attended a memorial service for a 95-year-old grandfather who died just before Christmas. He was predeceased by his newborn great-grandson only a week before. His grandson stood up to deliver a eulogy. He stood tall in front of the church in his Marine dress blues. The infant was his nephew. He is scheduled to leave next week for Afghanistan to be part of a convoy security mission, for which he volunteered I've known him since he was in kindergarten. He spoke of death being a part of life and to never be afraid of it. Life, no matter how short or how long, is a gift from God to be cherished and celebrated. Coming from him, knowing he was grieving and knowing he was soon to face the unknown in a very violent environment, this young man's words had a profound effect on me. I pray that time will bring you peace, and that you find comfort with the ones you love and those who love you.

-----------------------------------------------

My apologies to my secret pals of Nov and Dec for not posting pictures. I have them, but have not yet had the timeto figure out how to post them (new software on my computer -- struggling with Windows 7, Google Chrome, and new Board format. I hate so much change all at once. As soon as I catch up, I will get to the pictures.