Old 01-04-2012, 11:45 AM
RugosaB

My plan was to have one in each room of the house, and that has now expanded to the front and the back porch

1. I have a 'display' in my family room that's some of the awards that my sailor son got, my older son's college grad photo, and my daughter's contribution when she worked at a pottery shop. It has a rod to hang quilts, and they are changed monthly

2. Just this year I decided to hang a quilted wreath on my front door, and have decided that will change monthly also

3. I hung a 'spool' wall hanging in my living room, that's open to my sewing room. I used a very unobtrusive curtain rod and added a sleeve that accommodated hiding the hardware

4. My plan is to make a similar wall hanging for my back porch, where in Nov I had a metal autumn thing hanging. There's no protection there, so I'm not sure this will be a year long thing

5. I have a small wall hanging in my master bath that mainly uses the cathedral window theme

6. There's a very very old hanging in my half bath that's supposed to be a bunch of basenji heads (basenjis are a big part off my life)

7. Our dogs are in our 'dog room,' but on the house plans it's named the 'sunroom.' It's so bright and sunny, and we've been fortunate enough to have gone to HA twice. I was drawn to Hawaiian Quilting, so that is how that room will eventually be decorated, complete with a wallhanging.

What I have planned:
I have 2 quilts from my husband's grandmother, one will be hung as the headboard in the master bed, and one will be hung in a large expanse of wall where the upstairs meets the downstairs

I plan to make 3 small walhangings, each somehow using what was important to each of my 3 children when they were growing up, to hang in a front room that I've decorated with old old toys.

My husband is planning to redo a corner of our master bed, and it will have one section that will be a glass door with stacked quilts visible. Quilts to be used of course, but looking nice while being displayed too.

That's the plan, who knows if I'll follow through
Attached Thumbnails image2.jpg   image3.jpg   image4.jpg   image5.jpg   image6.jpg  

image7.jpg   image8.jpg