View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Freddie

Originally Posted by Cybrarian View Post
Because of interesting comments about this site I followed the link and it's a great site. I have started the free BOM class-not to make a quilt-sampler quilts others have done are beautiful, but not my taste for my home. I have wanted to make some new throw pillows for different rooms, including some seasonal ones so I will be making and using the blocks for this project. This also enables me to work out of my stash. My question concerns the Strip Paper Piecing class with Peggy Martin. I have wanted to take a class on this and the projects feature many of the techniques I want to learn. Right now it is on sale for $29. I won't be able to start for a while. So those of you who are Craftsy knowledgable. Is this a best price or will it be marked down again? Don't want to miss the opportunity, but since it will be a couple of months before I have time I'd hate to purchase now and then see it for a lesser price later. Any "knowledge from experience" out there is appreciated!
I just joined that class and paid 29.99. It was on sale just before Christmas for $19.00, but is was gone in a few days. I had just purchased it 2 days before that, but considering I don't take any classes at the quiltshops (too expensive for me), I thought it a good buy for $29.99. I have been sewing for quite a while and mostly do my own thing, but this class seems to draw me in. Especially the compass ones. Have not looked at it very much, but there is no rush. It is good for as long as there is Craftsy and/or the internet. What I have seen so far looks good to me. I can always use my scraps, if I don't want to make a whole quilt, but just learn the principles.