View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:31 PM
aborning

What about Terry Atkinson's Zippy Strippy bag pattern. It has 3 different sizes of bags to make. I made the medium size. For each side of the bag--it takes 5 strips that you lay vertical on the batting and backing and quilt as you go and then you lay another long strip horizontally across the top of them and quilt as you go that strip and then put int he zipper (which is very easy) and then sew the seams. You can use this same concept of quilt as you go to make any size bag--even a tote bag--by just starting with a larger peice og backing and batting and then cutting lager peices of strips. I actually made a tot pattern that was by "This and That" (I think it was called "mom and me" and that was also a quilt as you go pattern. I would recommend the "Zippy Strippy" pattern. It is very quick and easy. I had never made them and quickly made 6 of them a few days before XMas to use for gifts. The medium size one is similar to the size of a cosmetic bag. I gave them to my daughters and nieces and they loved them.