Old 01-04-2012, 07:13 PM
MaryLane

Hello, all! I have been reading on here but am only up to about page 25. I have always had an enthusiasm for usable antiques and I have always sewn. In the past several years I have carefully combined the two. But recently my enthusiasm is taking me to such heights my husband has suggested we move my sewing room out of a room and into the entire basement. He doesn't know about the machine I just bought off of eBay!

Here are the two I currently have in house.

This is Agnes. I a few years ago I was looking for a treadle and my future DIL told me her grandma (Agnes) had one. I said if the family ever wanted to sell it to please let me know. She gave it to me for Christmas.

She is a Singer 9W and has one of the rarer W serial numbers. My OSMG had a bunch of needles he sold me. I think I paid $15 for 20 of them. This year I made my DIL's Christmas on her. She does have a broken tension spring that my husband jury rigged. He is going to attempt to make me another since I can't buy one. I hope to work on refinishing her table next winter.

I recently decided to go to a quilt retreat (my first ever!) and needed a machine. I bought this.

She came with all her attachments and a buttonholer. She has since been cleaned, greased and oiled. Had to reset the tension twice to get it right but now she sews like a dream. I haven't named her yet.

I have a 99 coming. I know what her name will be. Ida. She will require some work and my end up being painted red.

I am so enjoying your shop. I hope you don't mind that I drug my rocker in and joined right in.

Mary