View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 04:39 AM
WilliP

Default Printed Treasures

I have used almost everything from modge podge and picture this to Bubble Jet 2000 and Printed treasures. Easiest to use and be able to quilt through has been Printed Treasures. Follow the directions and remember to remove the paper before doing the water part of the process. Bubble Jet is great for those of us who like the DIY thing and saving $$$, con is that it has formaldehyde (sp?) as main ingredient as I recall. The bottle is in storage so can't read the label at moment.

My best results have been with an Epson printer using Epson brand inks. The HP deskjet inks tended to fade. Might be solved now, that has been a few years ago. There is also a product for crafts that sprays a UV blocker that might help the fading, think it is called Craft Protect but not sure, any of our shop owners or vendor reps know off hand what it is called?

My next experiment will be using Solvy washaway stabilizer sheets and the Epson printer. Supposed to have a silk screen effect. Thinking of using the technique with silk organza for an "art quilt" --- as opposed to the cotton I normally have been using for my "utilitarian" quilts. The more I go through the entire creative quilting experience the more I appreciate that each quilt is art!