View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Grannyh67

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
On your last picture you show the motor with a little rubber on the end - that is what drives that machine. You can get some shrink stuff at the hardware store's electrical department to go on the end of that - replace the rubber. Does the motor try to go at all??? Motors can be rebuilt if necessary. Bennett has a tutorial on rebuilding a motor. There are motor rebuild shops that can rebuild your motor if it you don't want to do it. Very mid-century modern looking machine and table. They must have been trying to get them more efficient about that time.
The motor did run, smoke came out of it so I stopped. The motor pulley is hard ans flat on one side. I know it had set up in a garage for a long time. Everything moved freely when I started it up them smoke came out, lol. I am going to try to take the motor apart and see if I can do anything with it. If I can't do anything with it I am going to take it to a shop somewhere and get it fixed. It looks like a hard working machine. There is one other person on here that has one just like this one. I seen the photo in the albums. Thanks for your help, I am going to look at the tutorial and see if I can learn anything, Granny