Old 01-05-2012, 06:14 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
Well according to the New Home instruction book that you sent it says to begin sewing by turning the disc hand wheel away from you. I studied the feed dogs and it seems that they moved the correct way when turning the wheel toward me and when I sewed that little bit, they pulled the material correctly. Admittedly, I did not try it the other way (away from me) to see if they would still work correctly. Just seemed to make sense to me that it would go backward. Thoughts?? BTW, the instruction book was for a machine with a regular round bobbin and case. Mine is shuttle so I don't believe everything in the instructions pertain to my machine. Just my thoughts. I so enjoy reading the instruction book, tho....there are replacement parts with prices! LOL!
Randa I thought I sent you both types of manuals, I'm sorry if I didn't! One was for a rotary and one was for a shuttle? Anyway, here is the shuttle manual for the New Home and it says to turn the handwheel towards you on page 07a. Good luck with the tension problems! http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect...ges/image7.htm You have to print out the manuals from the Smithsonian one page at a time, but it is well worth it since this manual is for your machine.

Nancy