Old 01-05-2012, 06:19 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Finally home again after a lovely 4 day!
Didn't get to go check on the two spools...was just more driving than what he wanted to do...can't say as I blame him after a six hour drive to get there, and knowing we had another to come home.
Saw several nice machines, but nothing to really write home about. 2 Davis VFs, both nice enough, both with manuals and attachments, both priced just under $300. I really wish I'd have popped the $80 for that bright pink Brother, but maybe it'll still be there the next time I visit. Saw a nice Hale's Cresent for $245, and several Sphinx, 201-2, and 15-90 machines. LOTS of overpriced toy machines and featherweights. Nothing that screamed to come home with me tho, not at those prices!
What did come home with me:
a box of straight shank attachments for 78 cents.
a 1951 Singer Sewing Book
a slant shank monogrammer
a way cool little Singer sack...I imagine the sewing center put the needles that were purchased in it.
and needles...~grin~ 2 packs of the green/red 15x1 needles (I know, no big whoop there), AND 1 package of
"B. Eldredge Gold Swagged Machine Needles/Eldredge Rotary N.S. Assorted, Manufactured by National Sweing Machine Company Belvidere, ILL"
Also found, for a whopping $5, a Singer sewing low backed chair that will need upholstery...gonna make it my first attempt at an upholstery project!
Charlee, it sounds like you had fun anyway - that is what counts! My DH and I went to old Sacramento yesterday then around that area just for a outing. We went into a couple thrift stores, and all I found was a Touch and Throw, so I passed on it. Still a fun day, but I never seem to have any luck at Thrift stores!

Nancy