Old 01-05-2012, 06:56 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MiraBelle ... Great blocks! Do you plan to use the same background throughout? It helps to give a fresh crispness to the blocks, and the darker overleaf keeps it warm. With the array of fabrics you have, I'm anxious to see the next two!

MiraBelle and GGal ... That's something that the two of you chose the same fabric for your first blocks!! It'll be interesting to see the paths your quilts take from here!

QW aka OKSGlad ... Nope! different fabrics ... though once I am done the FWS quilt, I have already spotted some that will be candidates. Til a quilt is finished, I've learned to never "borrow", for fear I come up with a new plan and need it in the first! Perhaps that's how my stash has grown ever so much??

I had such a hard time choosing the fabrics, so I decided to just start with the horse square and let it talk to me. And oh, how the horse fabric looked different once cut down and surrounded with the yellow. Both the green and tan are from the Stonehenge line. The green is kind of a green/blue mottled cut-stone-look with a bit of black/navy. The tan is a multi shade with flecks of the green.