Old 01-05-2012, 07:00 AM
JudyTheSewer

Originally Posted by tellabella View Post
I have been working on my Dear Jane for a while off and on( months)...<text sniipped>...I have deleveloped a system for myself that helps me a lot and makes it easier for me to keep track of my blocks etc, especially since I start and stop frequently...
1. <text snipped>

When I print out the pattern I cut out the title of the block and I pin it to my board so I know which one it is...especially if time goes by I forgot which one it is...then when I am finished I pin it to the block

I printed out a copy of the diagram from the Dear Jane computer program, and using coloured pencils, coloured it my colours for Trip Around the World Pattern...now I know by looking at my diagram what colour fabric I have to make each block...

4. Since i am only using 1 main colour for each block, I take a snip of that fabric colour and glue it to my chart...it helps my see what colours are next to each other and also to visually see which blocks I have done...I am do my blocks from fabric I have and want to try not to repeat fabrics so this way I can also see if I have used one of my fabrics already...

5. thru 8. <text snipped>

<text snipped>
If you have any questions please ask and I will try to help...
Thank you TellaBella! These are great tips. For sure I will be using tip #2, #3, and #4. I never would have thought of those on my own! Unfortunately, I can not advise you on the Cloud 9 batting since I have not used it. -Judy