Old 01-05-2012, 08:43 PM
JanTx

This ladder is from my father-in-law's house - he passed away in 1979. My husband's sisters arrived and took away what the family had considered treasures - table, chairs, etc - before my husband arrived. This is what my husband brought home to keep a remembrance of his dad. So it's had a place of honor for years in our house. The sign on top has the "When life gives you scraps, make quilts" saying. The quilts are ones my mother-in-law made as a child. They have to be 80-90 years old. There were two more quilts on the bottom rungs until my husband took them today to put on he top of the entertainment center. I've been asking him to do that for months. I don't like how he has them displayed up there, but it's a start.

There's an old ugly wooden bench at the foot of my bed and I have folded quilts displayed both on top of and under that bench. THe ones I make stay on the back of a rocker - we have several - until they go out into the world. Sometimes a top and it's backing will hang there until I decide if they really belong together.

I'm looking at ladders that are made for hanging quilts. You can find bunches of them. I'm tempted by the ones on thewoodshedd.com and robinsons - not sure if that's the whole name, but that's what I wrote down anyway. Would like to lean one next to the entertainment center.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02031.jpg