Old 01-05-2012, 09:05 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Freezer paper is white with wax on one side. I grew up calling it butcher paper.
Here's how I did it. I cut my freezer paper 8.5" x11" then ironed it onto some copy paper. I ran that through the printer, & then took it off of the copy paper. When I cut the templates out of the freezer paper I cut 'em out on the dotted line (the finish shape.) These were ironed onto my fabric. I then used my pinking blade in my rotary cutter & using my ruler, cut a 1/4 seam allowance. I used pins to line up my blocks like this lady does.

http://dquilts.blogspot.com/2007/04/how-i-freezer-paper-piece.html

Since this block has so many Y seams I backed stitched at each corner. This was the first time to use this method & boy do I like it.
Thanks for the link and the help!

Yes, that's what I think of as freezer paper. I haven't seen white here, just the brown/pink what I call butcher paper, too!
Are you using a laser or inkjet printer?
I'm still really hesitant in running it thru my laser printer as the paper gets hot when printing.
If the two papers stick to each other, and you peel it apart, how is there any stick/wax left to stick to the fabric later?

Will read the link before I tackle A Beauty ... not sure when that'll be, as I still have those FWS blocks I promised myself I MUST do first!!