View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 AM
olebat

Default Another King off the assembly line

Yippee! After over a year in the planning, fabric selection, engineering the pattern, and finally getting the intestinal fortitude to actually start, another one bites the dust. The actual construction took only a few weeks. There was a big push of my energy to finish piecing the top by Wednesday, which is what I did. The push was because of cataract surgery yesterday, and not knowing when I'd be able to see clearly again. Now, I need to piece the backing, and get it ready to quilt. I feel like a raccoon right now, sitting here in the dark wearing sun classes. An afternoon nap yesterday fowled my sleep cycle, so I've been prowling about the house for several hours. There is a lot on my mind, but I can't do the things I want to do.

It's past time to begin readying myself for the guild retreat next weekend. I have a few ideas for projects, but auditioning fabrics while wearing sunglasses proved difficult. Likewise, trying to read the patterns in the old magazines, with one eye, was tiring. Even with the nice contrast on the QB, reading the posts has been difficult. I did, however, move a stack of WIPs, all completed tops, ready to put onto the frame. I plan to start knocking them out next week. (After I recover form the retreat.) Watch out. I figured out the picture posting thing. I hope to flood the board with photos before having the second eye repaired.