View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Canada Kate

Thank you Candace for validating my purchase price, I think you are right! I went to see her this afternoon and she came home with me. The man selling her, Gus, led me down to his basement where he had it set up on a small sewing table in his laundry room. The room was immaculate, the walls and floor entirely tiled in white ceramic. It reminded me of a hospital! Mr. Clean would have been right at home. I asked him how he came to be in this business and he said that he used to work for Singer, and then when they were bought out, he worked for the new parent company, and then he retired. He showed me his work room, equally as neat as the "delivery" area, and he has a ton of machines to work on or ready to sell. He had a couple of FWs with the long beds. I think I might ask him to keep an eye out for a white FW and let me know if he ever gets one.

This 301A is in *mint* condition - not a mark or a scratch on her. It's the darker beige one, but the flash makes it look off-while in the photos below. It looks brand new and he's guaranteed it for a year, but he said he didn't think there would be any issues as these machines are so well made. Much better than the new plastic ones. I'm going to call her Jean, after my maternal grandmother.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]300912[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300913[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300914[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]300911[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1060015.jpg   p1060016.jpg   p1060017.jpg   p1060018.jpg