View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:10 PM
writerwomen

When our oldest was in grade school he befriended a boy with ADHD that could be a hand full but was made worse by a Mom who was a mess and a female principle who didn't like boys in the first place. Our son stood up for him when they harrassed and bully his friend on the playground, assemblies etc. Our son is small in frame but big in heart. Our son suddenly became the target of harassement for defending his friend. In the end we ripped into the school and the Superintendent who tried to claim since he hadn't hired her (the principle or her stooge the police liasan) he wasn't accountable. (in the end both the principal and the police officer were removed as well as other staff who had been put in place to handle such kids)
Part of our calls took part while we were suit shopping in a mall and they were very heated for which we did not apologize. Once off the phone we were approached by one of the sales clearks who said- I wish my parents would have done for me what you are doing for this boy. I was kicked out of school and am now trying to get my GED while working 2 jobs. Never appologize for standing up for your kids When you put people on a pedastal things like this hapen and then you have to knock it out from under them which can be a serious battle