View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Peckish

I tried the gel once. Usually when I get polish on my nails, they start chipping or simply peeling off after 2 - 3 days. I just go in for pedicures, but the last time I was there the gal talked me into trying the gel technique. She promised me it would be tougher and last a lot longer. It did - a whole week. I figure I'm just not meant to have polish on my fingertips.

However, I discovered one product that DOES last a long time and is just about bullet-proof. I was in my supermarket right before Thanksgiving, and on impulse, bought 2 bottles of Essie nail polish. One was a soft pastel pink base, the other a clear polish with large darker pink metallic sparkles. It was sooo pretty, I figured I could just wear it to all the Christmas parties. Let me tell you, that polish was TOUGH! It dried fast and NOTHING chipped it off, and it resisted peeling for almost 3 weeks! I think it was the metallic coat that made it so tough. Took some major work getting it off, too. I had to soak in acetone for a long time. I liked the sparkles, but after a while it felt kind of lady-of-the-night-ish to me, better for parties and special occasions than every-day use. Sure was pretty, though.