Old 01-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Miz Johnny

Baking soda is actually a mild abrasive; I would be very careful using it. I also would be careful using Dawn. Sometimes I use GoJo, no pumice, but I don't think Goop works very well, either. If you want a truly beautiful shine, TR-3 Resin Glaze is absolutely amazing. Be prepared to spend some time if you choose to use it, though, it's not a quick fix. A bag or two of good quality cotton balls and a few movies to entertain you will do the trick.
I cleaned a metal-based machine that I really thought was beyond hope, and it turned out absolutely beautiful. You just have to keep polishing away until the grime is gone. The good news is it's a polish as well as a cleaner, so when you're done, you don't have to worry about putting another top coat on like you do with GoJo.
Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
Ok, I’ll use a chenille needle to thread it, I use one to hide threads when quilting. I don’t have to hunt one of them.
And I might try baking soda to deep clean. I use it cleaning stuff, it does not scratch. i used goop and you see the results, it did not touch it.