View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Quilterfay

I was one of those kids that could not read. I was teased and excluded by classmates. It didn't help that I was poor on top of that. My grade three teacher humilated me something terrible. When I got to Grade 4 I had the sweetest teacher and she supported me and I began to read. Once I got my confidence up I could read and especially after I didn't have to stand in front of my classmates to read. I remember being sent out into the hallway because I couldn't read. Now wasn't that a positive way to help someone read.

My sons came home and told me that their grade 3 teacher, they each had the same one, was humilating them in front of the class. I went over there and told her she had better never do that again to my sons or she would hear about it. I was so angry at her I could of choked her.
Now my granddaughter is going through the same thing. She is now in grade 4 and is struggling with her reading and math. She has been diagnosed with ADHD and we are having a hard time finding the right resources to help her with these subjects. She is as smart as a whip but can not comprehend these classes. They continue to test her for Autism or some form of it. I just hope and pray that everything works out for her.

So congratulation for your daughter standing up for her son. Sadly we can not rely on the school system to do the right thing for these children.