Old 01-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I LIKE this winter!
winter in the midwest is snow and ice and cups of hot chocolate and hot tea with brandy (maybe) and honey from the local honey growers. my street is tree lined and when the trees are covered in snow, you may think your in a rockwell painting cityscape. winter is new gloves and boots and knit hats you keep losing and and shivers and lying under the quilts me make sitting by a fire. since i moved and had to give up my fireplace, i bought an electric one complete with heat and light effects but how can i justify using it with 60+ degree temps outside.

winter is taking my feline boys outside for romp in the snow and stepping outside during a snow "listening" to the snowflakes fall. winter is using the automatic key start that i have on my vehicle to heat it up before i get into it. winter is looking at all of the other snow covered vehicles as i pull outta my garage car snow free. winter is eating all of the foods you wouldnt normally eat so that your body can burn up the calories to keep you warm. winter is turning on your heated mattress pad or blanket to jump into a warm bed while you turn the heat down at night.

cant you see 60+ degree temperatures in the supposedly winter months is not winter at all. if the temps dont get cold enough, then the allergens in the air now are free to stay and me and my allergy suffering cat will just stay miserable, he with his running nose and sneezes and me so congested i can barely breath. i need a good midwest winter.