Old 01-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I plan on making my blocks larger so it ends up queen sized. Do I need the CD or can I just blow everything up the same % on a copy machine. DOes anyone know if this will work. I assume it will be oK for the blocks but what about the triangles.
When enlarging or reducing any pattern, I have always found the copy machine my best friend. determine the percent increase or decrease [4 1/2" finished to 5" finished is a 11% increase.... 4.5 / 5.0 = 100/111.11 ... to figure it out - multiply the finished size you want X 100 and divide by 4.5 (the original size without seams) use the result to set your copier to make appropriate increase or decrease for blocks and triangles alike.]

The most important thing to remember ADD SEAM ALLOWANCE TO YOUR FINISHED PATTERN lines. Do NOT under any circumstances refer to a seam allowance in any original pattern as it will be way too large or too small [you can adjust the size of your seam allowance accordingly - provided you are consistent in your approach throughout whatever quilt you are making.]